Looking for a quick and healthy meal? Try this power packed nutritious dish!
Goji berries are known to be superfood due to the long list of health benefits it provides while red dates (jujubes) are known to have 20 times more vitamin C than any other citrus fruits. But honestly, the main reason I love this dish is not because of the nutritional values although I can't deny it comes as a bonus. It is mainly due of the simplicity of the dish. Preparing home-cooked meals can be very tedious especially after a long day at work. I am sure many of you out there can relate to me. As such, recipes like this comes in handy for cooking it is a breeze! It takes around 40 minutes to cook this dish and that is enough time for you to boil some rice and also take a shower! Once you are done, the steamed chicken and rice will be ready too, waiting for you to tuck in. There is absolutely no reason not to try this recipe which is power packed with nutrients, seriously! Quick tip: Skip the shaoxing wine if you cannot consume alcohol. Otherwise, substitute with dry sherry.
Related Recipe Ideas
- 160 grams chicken meat
- 1 tablespoons goji berries
- 5 red dates/jujube
- 1-2 centimeters ginger
- 0.5 tablespoons shaoxing wine
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 0.5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 0.5 tablespoons light soy sauce
Steps to Prepare
- Marinate the chicken meat with the sauces in (B) overnight or for at least 30 minutes. Do lightly prick the meat to allow it to absorb the marinade. Also, add a dash of pepper and sugar.
- After 30 minutes, add slices of ginger, goji berries and red dates. Mix well and place the chicken on a piece of aluminium foil. Wrap it up and steam for 40 minutes. Optionally, garnish with julienned ginger, scallions or chillies. Serve with white rice.