Last updated: May 10, 2018
Nyonya Cooking (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.nyonyacooking.com website (the “Service”).
Information Collection and Use
We use this information primarily to provide you an enhanced Service which may require us to:
- process your financial transactions
- send you order/renewal confirmations
- respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns
- administer your account
- send you requested product or service information
- keep you informed about special offers and services of us and selected third parties
- administer promotions and sweepstakes you enter and notify you of the results
- investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities and/or violations of our Terms and Conditions
- meet our research and product/service development needs and to improve our Service; and
- customize your experience, including targeting our services and offerings to you.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information, you can do so at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, your information is needed to provide you the Service, or as required to fulfill our legal obligations. If you wish to delete your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You can use some of the features of the Service without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect. You may unsubscribe from receiving certain promotional emails from us. If you wish to do so, simply follow the instructions found at the end of the email. Even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you for informational, transactional, account-related, or similar purposes.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Service. You will continue to receive advertising material but it will not be tailored to your interests.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services and/or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. We use one or more outside credit card processing companies to bill you for our goods and services. We only share the Personal Information which is necessary for them to perform those services.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
We mask passwords through a process called hashing using a function known as bcrypt, which replaces the actual password with a random set of numbers and letters that are stored in our system. This allows our system to validate your account credentials without revealing your password. This is an industry standard.
However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to United States and process it there.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service does not address children under the age of 13 (“Children”), and Children are prohibited from using our Service. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, you can alert us at email@example.com. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.