These Malaysian-style burgers are street food that makes great snacks.
National Burger Day is celebrated on the 28th of May. I decided to join the fun with a video on the Malaysian style burger which is usually sold at the roadside stalls. You may wonder how this western influenced food end up being a famous street food in Malaysia. It's pretty predictable as no one could refuse a scrumptious saucy burger yo! These burgers are usually known as 'Ramly Burger' (assuming that Mr. Ramly came up with it) and are sold almost in all neighbourhoods as it is a successful franchise chain. Strategically situated at the corner of the streets near schools or along the main roads, these stalls are easy to identify. You would be surprised at the never ending queue waiting to purchase these succulent and lips smacking burgers. Each stall may differs in their presentation of the burgers as they add in ingredients according to their creativity. It is a joy to watch the burger sellers performing little stunts as they flipped the burgers or cracked the eggs. I enjoy sinking my teeth into these burgers with the juice oozing from them and dripping onto my fingers. Every bite is pure bliss! Here is my take on the Malaysian street burger aka 'Ramly burger'. Enjoy and feast upon this succulent burger!
Related Recipe Ideas
- 300 grams minced meat
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 0.5 tablespoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoons white pepper
- 0.5 yellow onions
- 1 garlic clove(s)
- 2 egg(s)
- chilli sauce (sweet)
- black pepper sauce
- yellow onions
Steps to Prepare
- Mix soy sauce, paprika powder, white pepper, onions and garlic to minced chicken meat.
- Heat pan and add butter. Shape patty and pan fry both sides.
- Spread some butter onto hamburger bread and lightly brown them.
- Beat egg to create an omelette to wrap the patty.
- Assemble the burger with the patty, cucumber slices, chilli sauce, mayonnaise and black pepper sauce.
- Top it with onion rings, slices of tomatoes and lettuce.