Quick-time Lu Rou Fan. Ground pork and sauces, finished in about 15 minutes! Not super authentic, but I did what I could with what I had around the house 😅
- grace: Fast and easy recipes are highly requested here! Share with us the recipe ;) Looks like something I'd could whip up on a weekday.
- coco: 1lb ground pork
- coco: 2 inches of ginger, sliced
- coco: 2tbsp sweet soy sauce, 2tbsp soy sauce, 2 star anise, 1tsp white pepper powder
- coco: garlic to taste (2 cloves, finely minced)
- coco: rock sugar, about 75 grams
- coco: Cook the ground pork in a wok until browned. Use your spatula to break the pork into small pieces.
- coco: Cook until mostly browned. Add all the ingredients along with 1 cup of water. Stir and cook until water is reduced into a thick sauce. (If you need to hurry, you can add a corn starch slurry to help thicken the sauce.)
- coco: If you have plenty of time, you can add more water and let it reduce again for even more flavor. Serve on rice with an optional fried egg.
Log in to comment.