This is a great side dish especially with 'wantan' noodles.
'Wontons' or dumplings are not only well known among the asians but also the westerners too. I personally love this soup version especially after a long haul flight as it somehow gives me a comforting feeling. In this recipe, I opted for 'wantan' wrap bought from the store. Preparation of this dish is pretty simple. However, wrapping 'wantans' can be pretty tricky as water is used to seal the wrap. Too much water might cause the wrap to tear. If you do not like 'wantans' in soup, you can opt to have them fried instead. Serve with some sweet chilli sauce. You will love its crispiness. Have fun wrapping these delicious dumplings. This recipe yields around 14 - 16 pieces of 'wantans'. Check out the wantan noodles recipe on the website too.
- 1 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoons shaoxing wine
- 0.5 centimeters ginger
- 100 grams pork
- 100 grams prawns
- wantan wraps
Steps to Prepare
- Boil water with spring onions and anchovies.
- Prepare filling by mixing minced meat, minced prawns, soy sauce, sesame oil, shao xing wine, ginger, salt and sugar.
- Mix well until it creates a sticky or starchy texture.
- Fill 'wantan' wraps with filling.
- Boil 'wantans' at medium heat until they float.
- Optionally, add some white pepper to taste.