CategoryCondiments & Others
Simple sweet and spicy sauce that can be prepared within 10 minutes. Great for barbecued, grilled, fried or even steamed dishes.
Lately, I have been a great fan of this condiment, the Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce. As the name suggests, it is sweet and we love all things sweet, don't we?! It is proven that this is the most common chilli sauce available as it can even be found in Europe. I personally love dipping french fries into this sauce. Yes, seriously! You can have this sauce with all types of meat or even noodles. Instead of buying a bottle of ready made sauce, why not make your own and adjust the ingredients according to your taste. The commercial sauces always contain a lot more sugar then needed. By making it yourself, you can control the amount of sugar and adjust the taste accordingly. If you prefer this sauce to be more spicy, choose bird eye chillies or leave the membrane of the cayenne chillies intact when preparing the sauce. Otherwise, this sauce is supposed to be very mild in spiciness but is rather sweet and slightly sourish to tease your taste buds.
- 4 tablespoons water
- 0.5 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 chilli peppers (fresh)
- 1 teaspoons ginger
- 1 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
Steps to Prepare
- Stir vinegar, sugar, chillies, garlic and ginger in a small pot at medium to low heat.
- Cook till sugar dissolves.
- Add water to pan and let it cook for at least 5 minutes.
- Optionally, press chillies against the pan to extract the colour and spiciness of the chillies.
- Add in corn flour and water mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Set aside to cool.