Fast and easy asian tofu dish which is great for after work. Have a vegetarian version by omitting the meat.
Tofu by itself is bland and does not have much taste. It needs to be complemented with other ingredients to bring up its flavour. This is my to-go recipe and is really very easy to prepare. This is the perfect dish to cook if you are looking for an easy yet delicious recipe. Moreover, steaming retains most of the nutrients of the tofu. I have cooked this countless times and has received much compliments for it. If you are a vegetarian, skip the meat and use mushroom sauce instead of oyster sauce.
- 1 tofu (silken)
- 100 grams minced meat
- 0.5 onions
- 2 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 scallions
- 0.5 chilli peppers (fresh)
Steps to Prepare
- Place tofu on the plate and add weight on tofu to extract excess water.
- Steam tofu for 10 minutes.
- Marinate minced meat with ingredients (B) for 5 minutes.
- Heat up pan with a bit of oil and fry garlic and onions until fragrant.
- Stir fry minced meat and mushrooms.
- Add water and sweet soy sauce.
- Mix corn starch with a bit of water. Add to thicken the gravy.
- Remove tofu from steamer and drain excess water.
- Pour gravy on top of steamed tofu.
- Garnish with ingredients (C).