Marinated chicken meat with spices and wrapped with aromatic pandan leaves.
A plate of fried chicken can really lift your mood especially if the chicken meat is well marinated and cooked with the right spices. That is why this dish is a favourite of many! The secret to the alluring aroma is none other than pandan leaves, also known as screw-pine leaves. Pandan leaves are usually used to add aroma to a dish or as a natural colouring agent to cakes and many South East Asian desserts. In this dish, it is used for its aroma. You will immediately smell the intensity of the fragrance while frying the chicken. The meat soaks up the nutty sweet pandan smell as it blends with the spices used to marinate the chicken meat. You can, of course enjoy this dish without any dip. The chicken meat by itself is extremely flavourful but if you dip it in some Sweet Chilli Sauce, the taste of this dish goes a notch higher. Tangy, sourish, spicy, sweet together with the aromatic fragrance of the pandan leaves, this dish will definitely gain a place in your heart. You are surely missing out if you do not try this. Great for parties served as finger food or simply enjoy it with hot white rice. Remember to check out the recipe of the dip, Sweet Chilli Sauce on this website!
Related Recipe Ideas
- 250 grams chicken meat
- 1 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 shallots
- 1 lemon grass stalk(s)
- pandan leaves
Steps to Prepare
- Blend shallots, lemongrass and fennel seeds together. Marinate chicken with blended ingredients, turmeric, chilli powder, oyster sauce, salt and sugar for at least 30 minutes. Ideally, marinade chicken overnight.
- Wrap marinated chicken meat with pandan leaves.
- Fry chicken meat until golden brown. Serve with Sweet Thai Chilli sauce.