CategoryDesserts & Kuih
Healthy version of soft and moist Banana Bread/Banana Cake with less sugar and butter.
My mom bakes this cake as a treat for us all the time. Whenever she does, the house will be filled with the aroma of this lovely cake. I love it even more for the fact that this recipe has been revised accordingly to ensure that the cake does not end up too rich or sweet. That is why I can always eat this without any guilt. The sides of the cake being my favourite would be devoured in a blink of the eye. This cake is just awesome accompanied with a hot cup of Nescafe with condensed milk. The thought of it still brings a smile to my face and I really do miss those times. My mother, being health conscious, would not allow us to eat too many pieces at a time. Hence, the ice cream plastic container which is used to store the cake will be placed within her view. As kids, my sister and I would attempt to sneak a few more pieces when mom was not looking! In countries like Australia, the banana cake which I am used to is known as banana bread and is found in almost every cafe and bakery. I have seen them served with whipped cream, toasted walnuts and even ice cream! Sinfully good, I believe.
Related Recipe Ideas
- 150 grams wheat flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoons salt
- 90 grams sugar
- 120 grams butter
- 2 egg(s)
- 2 banana(s)
Steps to Prepare
- Mash bananas into a smooth paste.
- Mix room temperature butter and sugar evenly.
- Add eggs to mixture and beat until smooth.
- Sift flour into the mixture.
- Ensure that batter is mixed thoroughly.
- Pour batter into pan (27 x 14 x 7cm) which has been greased with butter.
- Lightly hit pan on table top.
- Preheat oven at 170 degrees Celcius and bake cake for 45 minutes (usually takes about 40-50 minutes).
- Use a clean knife or skewer to test if cake is ready. If it comes out clean, it indicates cake is ready.