This dish is so fragrant due to the variety of spices and the richness of the coconut milk. Definitely finger licking good!
Love fried chicken? Then you are going to enjoy this recipe a lot! 'Inchi Kabin' is marinated with a host of spices that will tease your tastebuds. The trick to juicy and delicious 'Inchi Kabin' is to ensure that the chicken meat is marinated long enough in order to infuse with the spices. Therefore, let time play its role here. Some of the spices are toasted to enhance their fragrance. The creaminess of the coconut milk and the spices coating the meat makes this dish truly amazing. Moreover, the accompanying sauce complements this dish well. After the meat is marinated, deep fry them at low to medium heat for about 10 minutes initially. Subsequently, fry the chicken meat again at a slightly higher heat just enough for them to be fried to crispiness on the outside. However, please note that the herbs may develop a bitter taste due to over frying. Have fun trying out this recipe!
- 400 grams chicken meat
- 60 milliliters coconut milk
- 1 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 3 cloves
- 1 shallots
- 0.5 tablespoons coriander powder
- 0.5 tablespoons chilli powder
- 0.5 teaspoons black pepper powder
- 0.5 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 0.5 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 0.5 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lemon grass stalks
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 0.5 chilli peppers (fresh)
- 1 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/4 limes
Steps to Prepare
- Toast fennel seeds until fragrant. Blend or pound together with cloves and lemon grass.
- Marinate chicken meat with all the ingredients and coconut milk. Mix till meat are evenly coated.
- Leave the chicken meat to marinate for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Fry the chicken meat twice. Initially, fry for about 10 minutes and then subsequently, fry for a further 5 to 10 minutes. Frying the chicken twice will prevent the herbs from developing a bitter taste.
- To prepare the sauce, mix worcestershire sauce with sugar, chilli slices, mustard powder and lime.