Grass jelly with soy milk drinks with health benefits and low calories. Great for BBQ during summer.
Grass jelly with lychees is the best thirst quenchers on warm sunny days. Besides getting rid of body heat, grass jelly aids in indigestion and decreasing blood pressure. Anyway, this drink is just fantastic as it is! Moreover, it is so easy to prepare. In Malaysia, this other drink is nicknamed "Micheal Jackson" referring to his song "Black & White". Coincidentally, the colours of the drink is exactly that! It looks attractive because of the contrast. This combination of soy milk and grass jelly drink is a favourite among the locals. Moreover, soy milk is a nutritious drink which contains fatty acids, proteins, fiber, vitamins and minerals. Do substitute sugar with honey or agave syrup for a healthier version. Also, use fresh lychees instead of canned lychees.
- 2 pandan leaves
- 250 milliliters water
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cans lychees
- soy milk
- grass jelly
Steps to Prepare
- Dilute sugar in a pot of boiling water with a knotted pandan leaf.
- Let syrup simmer at low heat for 10 minutes.
- To prepare grass jelly lychee drink, add some lychees into a glass along with some syrup from the canned lychee.
- Add grass jelly into glass and sweeten with some pandan syrup.
- To prepare soy milk grass jelly drink, combine soy milk, grass jelly and some pandan syrup.
- Best to serve both drinks chilled or with ice cubes.