CategoryDesserts & Kuih
Easily found in malaysian night markets, 'Kuih Bakul' is a treat to those who loves fried and sweet 'kuih'.
Frying 'kuih bakul' together with slices of taro and sweet potatoes is another way of preparing glutinous rice cake. The crispiness of the batter and the sweetness of the soft glutinous rice cake together with the taro and sweet potatoes makes this a treat. Have it together with your favourite cup of coffee or tea. Also check out the recipes for Kuih Bakul and steamed Kuih Bakul.
- kuih bakul
- 80 grams flour
- 50 grams rice flour
- 1 eggs
- 100 milliliters water
- turmeric powder
- sweet potatoes
Steps to Prepare
- Mix flour, egg and water evenly.
- Add a pinch of salt and turmeric powder to flour mixture.
- Slice 'Kuih Bakul' into thickness of 1 cm.
- Cut yam (taro) and sweet potatoes into slices similar to size of 'Kuih Bakul'.
- Place a slice of 'Kuih Bakul' between taro and sweet potato.
- Coat the 'Kuih Bakul', taro and sweet potato with batter. Fry them at medium heat until golden brown.