CategoryCondiments & Others
Fried anchovies to perk up the appetite. Great simple bar snack too. A perfect asian Tapas recipe.
I remember having this ever since I was a child. Often served as a side dish, I would gleefully enjoyed sampling a spoonful or two before meal time. It was just too hard to resist. Slightly salty with a tinge of spiciness brings up the delectable flavour that would surely appeal to your taste buds. Moreover, it takes less than 15 minutes to whip up this dish if you have all the ingredients ready. It is almost impossible to mess up even if you are a newbie! This is now my to-go dish at home. Just some fried anchovies with onions and a fried egg, I will happily gobbled my rice heartily till the last grain. What I realized about this dish is that it is great as an appetizer just before a delicious meal. As it perks up the appetite, your guests will be expectantly craving for the next dish! If you are planning to have something light to go with beers, try this out. Just ensure that the beers are chilled!
- 50 grams anchovies
- 1 chilli peppers (fresh)
- 1 onions
- 1 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
Steps to Prepare
- Rinse dried anchovies and pat dry with paper towel.
- Stir fry anchovies until golden brown and set aside.
- With a bit of oil, cook onions until soft. Then, add soy sauce and water.
- Give it a quick stir till mixture is almost dry.
- Switch off stove.
- Add fried anchovies and chilli slices.
- Mix well and enjoy the dish as it is, with rice or bread.