Ingredients for curry chicken differs with every cook. The best take for curry chicken is for it to taste rich and hearty.
There has been countless requests for curry chicken. There are many versions of curries due to the usage of different types of ingredients. No two bowls of curry chicken taste the same! However, the taste is generally rich and spicy. The gravy should be moderately thick enough and not diluted. The best type of curry should be rich in coconut milk and spices. However, the coconut milk should not be over powering that it masks the taste of the spices. Marinating the meat with the curry paste before cooking enhances the taste of the meat itself. You can skip this step if you do not want to do so as it is optional. This is my take on a simple bowl of curry chicken. You will not be disappointed!
- 450 grams chicken meat
- 0.5 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 candlenuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 shallots
- 2 centimeters ginger
- 5 chilli peppers (dried)
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onions
- 1 lemon grass stalks
- 5 curry leaf stalks
- 300 milliliters coconut milk
- 300 milliliters water
Steps to Prepare
- Marinate chicken meat with curry powder and soy sauce for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend ingredients (B).
- Heat oil in pot at medium heat. Once oil heats up, add chilli paste and cook till fragrant.
- Add chicken meat and mix well.
- Cook until the dish is slightly dry. Then add water and cook at high heat.
- Add potatoes, onions, lemon grass and curry leaves.
- Once the curry boils, lower the heat and allow it to simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and cook at high heat again.
- When it boils, lower the heat and add salt and sugar to taste.