Chilli chicken is a flavourful and spicy dish. Instead of deep frying, bake or air fried the chicken meat instead.
Since young, my diet comprises mostly of steamed and stir fried dishes. Once in the while, there will be delicious treats like this which we fondly called Chilli Chicken. During the first few months after starting my YouTube channel, mom and dad pestered me to share this family favourite stating that the viewers will enjoy it as much as we do. That was absolutely true as the comments I received since posting this video were very positive indeed. If you do not want the dish to be spicy, you can either substitute chillies with bell peppers or remove the membrane of the chillies (which hosts the seeds). Normally, I use Cayenne peppers with the membrane removed. When frying the chicken meat, ensure that the heat is kept at medium for them to cook thoroughly and until they turn golden brown. If you have excess chilli paste from the cooked dish, have it with plain rice or as a condiment for the next meal. It will surely stirs up your appetite.
- 6 chilli peppers (fresh)
- 1 onions
- 8 garlic cloves
- 250 grams chicken meat
- 1 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoons soy sauce
Steps to Prepare
- Marinate chicken meat with oyster sauce, soy sauce and salt for 15 minutes.
- Blend ingredients (A).
- After 15 minutes, heat up oil in pan.
- Coat chicken meat with flour before frying. Fry until golden brown.
- Cook the blended ingredients at medium heat until it turns fragrant. The chilli paste should change to a darker shade of red.
- Add salt to taste.
- Drain oil from chilli paste.
- Add fried chicken meat to chilli paste and mix evenly.