CategoryRice & Noodles
Asian flavourful porridge rich with spices.
It is usually during the month of Ramadan that "Bubur Lambuk" is cooked and distributed to muslims at the mosques. I once tried it when it was given by a neighbour and since then, I was hooked. The rich flavour of this porridge is truly amazing! You need to have enough chicken broth to cook this dish as the rice needs to be slowly cooked until extremely soft. Making it look like rice in broth is not the correct texture. Alternately, if you opt to have a vegan version of this flavorful porridge, use vegetables broth instead and skip the meat. This is definitely a must try recipe as the spices and coconut milk when infused together makes this savoury porridge definitely mouth watering! For more servings, increase the amount of ingredients accordingly.
- 150 grams rice
- 3 centimeters ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 2 pandan leaves
- 2 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoons fennel powder
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoons cardamom
- 40 grams chicken meat
- 100 grams coconut milk
- 1 liters chicken stock
- chilli peppers (fresh)
Steps to Prepare
- Sauté shallots and garlic at medium heat until fragrant.
- Add ginger and continue to sauté.
- Add aromatics like pandan leaf, star anise, cloves, fennel powder, cinnamon stick and cardamom and sauté until fragrant.
- Stir fry chicken meat and add rice to the aromatics.
- Add chicken stock to pot and allow rice to simmer until it softens.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fried shallots, chilli slices and parsley.