CategoryDesserts & Kuih
Pandan flavoured coconut milk jelly is an awesome summer treat for a pool party. A new alternative to ice creams!
Walking around the food market during the month of Ramadan makes me greed for all the mouth watering food that are displayed at the respective stalls. One particular stall that never fails to captivate my attention (and stomach) is the stall that sells a variety of agar-agar with myriad of colours. By itself, agar-agar has the consistency of jelly and is tasteless. In this recipe, pandan leaves are used to add aroma and colour to the agar-agar while the coconut milk brings out the richness of the taste. This has always been my first choice whenever I need my dose of agar-agar as they always bring a smile to my face. Increasing the heat just before adding the coconut milk and egg mixture is very crucial in this recipe. Otherwise, it is a rather simple no fuss recipe which you can definitely attempt. If you are preparing this for a party, you can always make it a day before and keep in the refrigerator. It should be served chilled and will definitely be a cooling and refreshing dessert that many will love!
- 5 pandan leaves
- 250 milliliters coconut milk
- 145 grams sugar (brown)
- 1 liters water
- 20 grams agar-agar
Steps to Prepare
- Blend pandan leaves to extract the juice.
- Add pandan extract to water. Then, add agar-agar to the pot of boiling water.
- Allow agar-agar to dilute. Add sugar.
- Beat egg together with coconut milk.
- Increase the heat to the highest. Add coconut milk and egg into the agar-agar mixture.
- Switch off stove once agar-agar mixture boils.
- Pour agar-agar mixture into a pan and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Keep agar-agar in the refrigerator until it solidifies.
- Serve chilled.