This is my personal favourite. The saltiness from the yummy thick tomato sauce and the spiciness from the chilies make this dish bursting with flavours. Best served with coconut rice, this dish is a winner!
- 1 Onion
- Ginger (3 cm)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6-8 dried chilies (seeds removed)
- 550g chicken
- 1 Tomato (skin removed and diced)
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 250 ml water
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry chicken
Steps to prepare
- Marinade chicken with tumeric powder and a few dashes of salt for 15 minutes.
- Blend ingredients listed in (A).
After 15 minutes
- Fry the chicken.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil to fry the blended ingredients.
- Add 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil to fry the blended ingredients for 2 minutes and then add the diced tomato.
- Once the gravy starts boiling and thickens, add the fried chicken.
- Stir from time to time till the gravy reaches the desired thickness.
- Serve and enjoy!